PDA

View Full Version : SAUL moved to Australia

martin saul
23rd June 2007, 07:50 AM
I've been told by a few people I have asked about my family, that a brother of my granddad moved to Australia.

So far I do not know when or where to. I guess it must of been around 1925 to 1940. His name was Harry Saul DOB 03/10/1904, born in Leamington, Warwickshire.

Dorothy
26th June 2007, 01:04 AM
Have had contact with Sauls in Northern Victoria, included a Harry Saul,
perhaps yours, if you can give me any background on the family - his parents, date of birth, where born, whether married before migrating, I will try to follow up for you.
Dorothy

martin saul
27th July 2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Dorothy

Did try to send a reply not sure if you got it. i have got some more info on my Harry Saul it looks like he left England to Australia in 1923 bound for Freemantle he gave his age as 19.

i have recived my copy of the August Journal this week and on page 8 it talks of an Isaac Saul moveing to Australia to Victoria and have just read the same posted on the discussion forum, i assume you are the same Dorothy ?
is it possiable that Harry move to be with Isaac ? Isaac would of been in his 80's at this time so could of still been alive and poss other family also, ive not looked at a map yet to see if Freemantle is near to Victoria ?

look forward to hearing you martin