PDA

View Full Version : Saul's of Great Yarmouth

jennie saul
19th October 2007, 10:52 PM
Evening everyone...my name is Jennie Saul and my family tree goes back to the Saul's of Great Yarmouth (and the timber merchants there). I have some information from a great uncle ...My Great Grandfather was Charles Lepard Saul born Oct 1871 died 1950 married to Ella Crane (who died of cancer) he then married the housekeeper Grace Rix. Charles was in the timber business and had four children, one of them, Joyce was my Grandma.
If anyone has any info or pictures of those involved in the Norfolk timber business please get in touch...I have more info than listed here but didn't want to harp on to much. It's nice knowing that there are lots more Saul's in the world..I've always liked the name and knowing it's heritage makes me feel even better!

John Slaughter
20th October 2007, 07:42 PM
Jennie

Charles Lepard Saul appears on the largest chart that the Society has for the Sauls of Norfolk. We have little information however on what became of him and his descendants so the information contained in your message is useful. I would be interested in hearing what further information you have. I would suggest that you contact me by e-mail, you will find my e-mail address on the Contacts page on the Society's main website at www.sole.org.uk

One of our members, Les Saul, will be fairly closely related to you and I wonder whether he is the great uncle to whom you refer. If not I will happily put you in contact with him.

The chart on which your ancestors appear go back to Stalham, Norfolk in the second half of the 18th century.

Donovan
5th January 2008, 11:37 PM
Jennie, great to see your listing in John Slaughter's column. I then went to the Forum which I don't check as often as I should. You are the first of the Yarmouth family tree I have been able to contact in some 10 years of genealogy work. Your grandfather Charles is my great uncle. I don't know how much information John was able to give you but my chart goes back to John Saul of Stalham, born 1752 down to my youngest grandchild, William Thomas Leblanc, aged 4, so the first names are carried on if not the surname. My e-mail address is saulgbtvic@islandnet.com. so please get in touch and I can give you more personal information about the family plus a couple of charts I have yet to send to John. Les Saul