PDA

View Full Version : Froggitt

Donovan
7th January 2008, 09:12 PM
This is the surname of my paternal grandmother. Have no initials but do have a photo of her and her father. Froggitt's moved from Ireland to Argentina where my father T.E. Saul spent the first 6 years before returning to Great Yarmouth. Understand there are relatives still in or around Buenos Aries.

petersaul
25th February 2008, 11:31 AM
I have a record of a distant family member William Saul, born 8.1.1837 in Witherslack, Westmorland. He emigrated to Buenos Aires and married F.M. Zuleta.

Peter Saul

Donovan
25th February 2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you Peter, that's very interesting. However it makes me feel like I'm living in a dream world. My grandfather, T.W. Saul (who you will find in the Gallery) spent time in Buenos Aires. He married Catherine Ann Froggitt (or at) whose family had emigrated there from Ireland. Whether they were married there or not I do not know. My father, Thomas Edward Saul, spent his early childhood there and told me that the first language he spoke was Spanish. I am presently trying to determine if he was born there or in Great Yarmouth where he grew up. Your thread is news to me. Thanks and cheers, Les Saul