PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Charles SAUL

jean lovell
4th February 2008, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to let Norman Saul know how helpful his information on my gandfather has been still no-one info on Carol Saul my cousin, daughter of Herbert Saul. If any one is interested I have posted a picture of my uncle Charles Saul on the Hood Association website, and the write up is all down to Norman Saul, who I thank yet again for his kindness.

Norman
14th March 2008, 03:30 PM
Your cousin Carole L Saul was born and the birth registered in the March Quarter 1942 at Maidstone reference 2a page no 2368 her mothers maiden name was Penny. I think I already notified you of this. The only thing I can suggest to you now if you haven't already done it is to look at the marriage registers from about 1960 to see if she got married. That will give you her married name. Thank you for posting Charles Saul picture on the HMS Hood Association site. The only thing missing now is the date he joined the ship. I must admit I do not know how to find this myself.

Norman

Norman
7th October 2008, 04:34 PM
A marriage took place between Carole L Saul and Duncan Speirs in 1961. Registration District was Maidstone the Quarter was December and the volume number was 5b page number 1131.

Regards

Norman Saul

jean lovell
18th October 2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry I have taken so long to reply, but have been away for 6 weeks (lucky me!!) I am told the Carol is no longer with us, I have had contact with Peter Knight, who has been very helpful to me, and he is going to send me a photo of Carol and her mother Joyce (Herberts wife) so this is very sad. I also wanted to let you know that Charles' wife Violet has also passed, and is buried in the local cemetry in Haslemere, she never married again even after all that time, and I believe that Herberts wife also did not.

AngA
16th November 2016, 12:59 PM
Jean

I wanted to try to contact you to say that Violet (charles' wife) was my great Aunt and I have her wedding dress in my wardrobe.