PDA

View Full Version : Sauls of Ashleworth

Angela Moorefield
10th April 2008, 11:10 PM
I'm looking for the ancestors of Josiah Saul, who married Sarah Alder in Hartpury Gloucestershire in c1805. Josiah and Elizabeth had 7 children, all born in Ashleworth, Gloucestershire:
Jane Saul b1806
Martha Saul b1809
Ann Saul b1811
Sarah Alder Saul b1813
Louisa Saul b1816
Sarah Philips Saul b1823
Jasper Alder Saul b1824
I have details of most of their children if anyone is researching the same family.
According to IGI the only Josiah Saul born in Gloucestershire came from Oddington. Does anyone know of any links? IGI has Josiah's brother as Richard Saul, and there was a Richard Saul living in Hartpury - he married Sarah Brown in Gloucester in 1799.
If anyone can help me with this one, I would be eternally grateful, as I am completely stumped!
Angela

Brummiejoy
29th September 2010, 10:22 PM
Josiah Calebs parents are Caleb Saul & Ann Phipps.
His siblings are: Josiah, Richard,Elizabeth,Hannah Mary, Jane Phipps. If you would like more information contact me off list. Brummiejoy

Tim Soles
30th September 2010, 07:59 AM
To send a private email, just click on the forum member's name and select 'Send Email'

Brummiejoy
30th September 2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks Tim..always willing to learn!

grahamyapp
15th November 2010, 07:04 PM
Angela,
Greetings from a direct descendant of the Sauls of Ashleworth! My line is Caleb > Josiah > Jasper > George > Martha E > James W. I met Martha in my childhood in her latter years in Langley, Oldbury - she is my great grandmother and she married a James Yapp. My parents, Raymond and Lily Yapp still live in West Bromwich, where I was born. We went for a short visit to Ashleworth last summer and walked around the churchyard. Your article gives some extra details that I have not reached yet, so thank you for that!

Graham Yapp