PDA

View Full Version : Sollys in Margate - Daniel Solly b1816

Nelly
26th September 2008, 04:02 PM
This is my first post, as a new forum member I'd be grateful for any help.

I have traced my line back to Daniel Solly b1816 Margate, through his son John Daniel Solly b1850 in Margate. John Daniel moved to London, married Eliza Alice Harmon in Hackney 1870, where they had 8 children, eventually they moved into Essex.

I have got so far using the censuses and BMD and although I have a mass of Solly names etc from parish registers I'm struggling to make sense of it as I'm trying to find Daniel's parents - they could be John Solly b1774 and Jane Beale b1774? both of Margate.

Does this link with anyone else's trees? Thanks for any pointers!

Nelly
12th October 2008, 01:40 PM
Further to my message above I have now got back to 16 July 1695 with the marriage of Stephen Solley and Mary Doubty (Doubly in some records possible later the name Doughty was used?) in Margate Kent.

can any one tell me from which thread of the Soll(e)y family Stephen might be descended?

Still hopeful for a little help!

Robert Solly
24th October 2008, 06:20 PM
We do not have any more information on which Stephen might be correct. It is probable that he was born in Ash, but we have not yet been able to find the right one

Bob Solly
Solley co-ordinator

Alex
13th June 2010, 03:20 PM
I too am a new Forum member.

Daniel Solly b.1816 Margate was my g.g.grandfather. I have also managed to trace back to Stephen Solley who married Mary Doubty in 1696 at St John's Margate, but like other people seem to have drawn a blank after this.

I had not realised that John Daniel Solly (who married Eliza Harmon) had then moved to Essex, as my grandmother Elizabeth, their eldest daughter, stayed in the Hackney area until she died, as apparently did a lot of her siblings. I am always grateful for new information!

Alex