PDA

View Full Version : Peter Solly-Flood and Barbara Solly-Flood

dr diane atkinson
5th June 2009, 01:10 PM
hello

I am interested to hear from anyone with any information about PETER SOLLY-FLOOD and his sister BARBARA SOLLY-FLOOD. They were the children of BRIGADIER GENERAL R E SOLLY-FLOOD, both born during the Great War.
many thanks

diane

GeofTheCanuck
23rd June 2009, 07:52 PM
Diane,
Is this the Peter who spent some time in Yugoslavia during WW II?

dr diane atkinson
23rd June 2009, 08:05 PM
Yes, that is him. Do you know anything about him ? All I know is that he was in the SOE and saw action in Europe.
thanks

diane

GeofTheCanuck
23rd June 2009, 08:19 PM
Peter lived with my family in the 1970's. I last saw him in the 1990s I think. He has passed away. I was just emailing his son yesterday. How do you know him?

dr diane atkinson
23rd June 2009, 08:58 PM
Hello GeoffThe Canuck

Very good to hear from you. I do not know Peter Solly Flood but I have come across him while doing some research on an ancestor of his. I also happen to be interested in the SOE. The files of Peter and his sister Barbara are at the National Archives. I have read hers but his is still closed until I can supply a copy of his death certificate.

I have been in contact with Barbara Solly Flood's son, Michael Thomas, who told me PSF died in Montreal in 1994 or thereabouts.

I am a historian and interested in Peter and Barbara who worked for the SOE. Can you tell my anything about his war career, background and perhaps why he was living with your family. Were he and your father friends from the War ?

I'd be very grateful if you could put me in touch with his son, and for any information you could share with me.

Many thanks

Diane

GeofTheCanuck
23rd June 2009, 09:03 PM
Ah. My father met Peter well after the war. My father kind of warned me not to ask Peter too much when he lived with us because of his background! I'll contact his son and get back to you here.

dr diane atkinson
23rd June 2009, 09:09 PM
Hello again. Thanks for contacting his son, and I really look forward to hearing from you again !

bests

diane

Miles1118
25th June 2009, 03:47 PM
Hello,

This is Miles Solly-Flood (son of Peter). I understand tfrom Geof Wyght that you might need some information. If I can be of help I'd be glad to oblige.

Best regards

Miles