PDA

View Full Version : George William Sewell 1834 of Rayleigh Essex

maxe
20th February 2010, 06:15 PM
I have a George William Sewell born 1834 at Rayleigh Essex occupation baker who was married to Sarah Elizabeth Choppen.
One of their sons a Alfred Thomas Sewell was born in 1876 at Walworth London and was my husbands GGrandfather.
I am completely going around in circles and wonder if anyone has the same family and has managed more than I have !!
Id be very pleased to hear from anyone who can help me :confused:

brians
25th February 2010, 04:11 PM
I think he is part of an interlinked Sole Society tree originating in Essex around the Rayleigh, Ramsden Crays & Billericay area, involving a George Sewell marrying a Mary Sewell who had Mark b.1831 as well as George in 1834.
Brian

maxe
2nd March 2010, 12:25 PM
Many thanks Brian for your reply .
So from that can I take it that you mean this part of the tree is already completed ?
Im being very dense arent I !!:confused:

brians
3rd March 2010, 03:44 PM
I think it is too much to say this part of the tree is completed but it does appear to go back one more [complicated] generation. However, the Sole society member who searched the Rayleigh parish records, has just George, no William, baptised in 1834 in Rayleigh but as you say, he was a baker & had a George William who also had 6 siblings. If you wish to let me have your email address I can let you have some more information. Brian

maxe
4th March 2010, 07:06 PM
Id be very pleased to hear from you Brian with anything that can point me in the right direction.

Yesterday I joined the society as that will I think be of huge benefit, and wish now Id known about it before instead of chasing myself around in circles !

My grateful thanks Hazel

brians
5th March 2010, 05:50 PM
Hazel, welcome to the society. We've got visitors at the moment with some busy days ahead but I will get back to you asap. Brian.