PDA

View Full Version : Cambridgeshire/Lancashire Sewells

Beverleyv
15th March 2006, 11:48 PM
I would be delighted to hear from anyone with information on Sewells in Cambridgeshire or indeed more latterly Tottington, Bury Lancashire. My great grandmother Eva Sewell was born in Caxton Cambridgeshire in 1872. Her father was Samuel Sewell, born 1837 also in Caxton, Cambridgeshire. Piecing together Samuel's occupation in the censuses he appears to have been a farm labourer, migrating North to Tottington, Bury, Lancashire with his family by 1881 as a coachman then self employed farmer.

Other Sewell relations include:
Annie Martha Sewell (b. 1876, Caxton)
Benjamin Sewell (b. 1868, Caxton)
Charlotte Sewell (b. 1862, Caxton)
Clarissa Sewell (b. 1864, Caxton)
Harriet Sewell (b. 1857, Long Stowe)
Jane Ann Sewell (b. 1870, Caxton)
Samuel Sewewll (b. 1874, Caxton)
William Sewell (b. 1860, Caxton)

I have some information on the residences of the above Sewells as well as their occupations mostly from the census information, however I do also have the Estate Account for the three sisters Charlotte, Annie and Clarissa who lived together later in life at 78 Ampthill Road, Flitwick, Bedfordshire.

Brian Sewell
28th April 2006, 10:14 PM
My late father was born in Bourn, Cambridge in 1896 and his father was a William Sewell we think from Caxton. I will try and research into this and let you know our findings.

kenneth sewell
3rd December 2012, 09:07 PM
my names k.sewell my father was james albert he was born tonge moor bolton cant remember but stick in my mind therewas something said about harwood and not a million miles from totty so you never know ??? i was on email to someone in hawaii called kelly she said her family were part of the sewell family also from the north bolton area but it wasnt mine good hunting all o161 are mine

caxtongibbet
28th July 2016, 05:26 PM
Hi there,

Please take a look at my post here http://www.soleforum.org.uk/showthread.php?424-Sewell-amp-Shadwell-Caxton-Cambridgeshire

Many thanks.

HarrisNel
22nd July 2017, 10:48 AM
My late father was born in Bourn, Cambridge in 1896 and his father was a William Sewell we think from Caxton. I love these bingo sites (https://bingoviews.com/best-online-bingo-sites) and research into this and let you know our findings.

Find anything interesting Brian?

Ian
11th August 2017, 04:55 PM
I am afraid Brian passed away a few years ago.

I have taken over the duties of Sewell Coordinator and all the society records.

Is there anything specific I can help you with.

Ian Sewell