PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Solley - Immigrant from England to Maryland, USA

ctsmithson
21st March 2006, 01:45 AM
I am researching my fiancé's ancestor Thomas Solley who came from England to Maryland. He married a Jemima Wood, daughter of George Lewis Wood and wife Ann.

I am looking for any documentation on Thomas' ancestry in England.

Thanks,

Chris Smithson

c_solley
20th March 2008, 04:20 PM
Chris,

I see this was posted in 2006 - hopefully you are still visiting this forum. I may have some info for you. I live on property that was part of the Thomas Solley family Homestead and farm. The family Graveyard is a short walk from my house.

Feel Free to contact me by clicking on my name above

Cheers,
Chuck Solley
Solley, MD USA

jonica kelly
20th April 2009, 01:33 PM
Chuck,

Can you get in touch with me and let me know if you know of any solley that married Archibald Johnson? There is a private graveyard in Solley, Md but I no longer have access to it. Wish I had taken pictures of it when I did but basically I was young and stupid.

You can contact me by clicking on my name above.

Thanks,

Jonica Kelly

ctsmithson
11th May 2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Chuck & Jonica -

I have death certificates for several members of Thomas Solley's descendants. Are some of the tombstone pictures posted online of the Solley Cemetery? I have a listing of who is in the cemetery but I don't think it is complete.

Chris Smithson

c_solley
11th May 2009, 06:44 PM
Hi Chuck & Jonica -

I have death certificates for several members of Thomas Solley's descendants. Are some of the tombstone pictures posted online of the Solley Cemetery? I have a listing of who is in the cemetery but I don't think it is complete.

Chris Smithson

From Dec 08 Journal -

"Thomas Solley

Here are pictures from the family cemetery in Glen Burnie, Maryland of Thomas Solley's head stone. Thomas was born in Kent County England – in Ash near Canterbury. (Ed: Additional photos will be posted on our web site in due course)"

Hopefully they will have them in the Gallery soon.

Cheers,
Chuck Solley

Tim Soles
11th May 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

I will add them during the next few days and post a further message here to let you know when it's done.

c_solley
11th May 2009, 07:00 PM
Tim - Thanks!

Tim Soles
30th May 2009, 11:48 PM
I have now added the photos to The Sole Society photo gallery - Sorry for the delay.

See:- www.sole.org.uk/p223.htm (http://www.sole.org.uk/p223.htm)

c_solley
6th June 2009, 06:22 AM
Tim - looks good - thanks!