PDA

View Full Version : solly in canterbury

kiwi1972
9th April 2006, 04:49 PM
i am researching solly in canterbury and i am trying to find info on william solly born abt 1824 married sarah (hopkins)?2/2/1846 children were emily 1848,william 1851,louise 1853, john 1854,elizabeth 1856

i believe john 1854 is my great great grandfather who married 5/7/1874,canterbury to julia warner 1856

has anyone come across this family or could confirm any of their details also william 1824 father could be stephen solly??????

thank you craig little

Sue Solley
10th April 2006, 05:23 PM
Hello Craig,

I have details of a William Solly born in Canterbury in 1824 and am attaching the family tree to this E Mail.

Hope this will help with your research.

Best Wishes
Sue Solley1

Kim
27th February 2007, 09:49 AM
Hello
William Solly was my great,great,great grandfather and his daughter married my great great grandfather Felix Tappenden. Her name was Emily Solly so it must be the same one you mention here!
Is there any possibilty you can send me the details you have .
Thank you
Kim Edwards

genes
13th September 2007, 10:00 AM
Hi, My husband (Mark) and i are also following up the Solly's, the names you mention are also connected to us.

William SOLLY & Elizabeth SHARP
Children: Isabella, William m. Sarah Ann HOPKINS, Stephen m. Caroline MARTIN, John, Edward m. Mary Ogilvy MOORE, (Mark's g-g-grandparents) Daniel, Esther Jane m. Edward James SILK, Elizabeth, Henry.

William SOLLY & Sarah Ann HOPKINS
Children: Emily Elizabeth m. Felix Henry TAPPENDEN, William m. Sarah Ann WILSON, Jane, Louisa m. John Isaac KEMP, John m. Julia WARNER, Elizabeth Jane m. John Ranshaw SHIPMAN.

I suppose you may have this already, but only found this site in the last couple of days.

Would like to hear back from you to see what you may have on the Solly Tree. We have the Solly family ranging from the early 1700's to the present day, with some gaps here and there.

genes, New Zealand

kiwi1972
7th February 2008, 12:15 PM
Hi, I was kiwi72 now kiwi1972.

I am a decendant of William Solly and Elizabeth Sharp. Their son, William Solly married Sarah Ann Hopkins >>>their son John Solly married Julia Warner >> their son Frederick Solly >>> Florence Solly (my grandmother)

I don't have a lot on the family so any help would be welcomed. I can add my details if anyone needs them.

Craig Little, Tasmania, Australia littlesintazz@gmail.com

Kim
1st March 2008, 12:37 PM
Is there any chance of getting your information on the Solly family as far back as you can go?
William Solly, who was Emily Elizabeth's father is on their marriage certificate as living in Ashford and his profession is listed as a Victualler. Do you have any further information on William Solly senior?
Is Solly a jewish name?