Thread: Sewell's in Knaresborough

Post Sewell's in Knaresborough

I am researching the Sewell/Sewill family in Knaresborough. The earliest I have is John Sewell/Sewill c1780 who married Dinah Spencer 10/03/1803 in Knaresborough and had the following children:

William 25/12/1815 ]baptised]
    Samuel c1817
    John c1823

William married Ann Langton in 1873 and had 7 children.

Any help would be appreciated

Lightbulb Re: Sewell's in Knaresborough

Hi Alan

I am William Sewell and Ann Langton's great great granddaughter! The information I have was given to me by my grandmother, Nellie Sewell and now, many years on, I am doing some more research since my Gran didn't know many of the dates of birth. Of Ann Langton all I know is that she attended the Royal School in Knaresborough around the early 1860s. Strangely I don't have dobs for William and Ann's children - yet - but I do have a few photos that were my Gran's.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah-fiona

Red face Re: Sewell's in Knaresborough

Hi Sarah-fiona

Apologies for not replying to you before.

Are you on genes reunited or tribal pages as I have my tree on both of these sites. I am in the process of updating the sewell/langton info.

i will get back to you within the next week.

many thanks for replying and once again apologise for my lack of answering before.

Alan

Smile Re: Sewell's in Knaresborough

Hi Alan,

Good to hear from you! Yes, I'm on Genes Reunited - we ought to share our information there.

Genealogically speaking I'm in my 'dormant' season with gardening and photography being my spring/summer passions outwith work. I will be answer when I can, but plan to be getting back to family tree in autumn/winter - once my gardener self has gone into hibernation!!

I'm really looking forward to it!

Best wishes, Sarah-fiona