Thread: Thomas Sole - Hackney and Homerton

Default Thomas Sole - Hackney and Homerton

My GGGrandfather was THOMAS SOLE who married a MARY IRONS (fromn Henley, Oxon?) in Hackney on 28 Nov 1846. iI have the certificate for this marriage and it tells me Thomas's father was another THOMAS SOLE, a sawyer, living in Homerton at the time. Census records indicate he was born around 1820. I am having trouble taking this further back and have gone down several wrong alleys on this quest. Can anyone help with information on Thomas' mother; father; siblings; dates; locations etc. Searching the the right SOLE in London is quite a challenge.

Thanks
    John

Default Re: Thomas Sole - Hackney and Homerton

I'm searching information on a Thomas Soles b. 1819 in England. Had a wife named Mary b. abt 1826? The came to America after their marriage and eventually settled in Wisconsin. They had a son named Thomas b. 1861. I believe he was the youngest of their children or second youngest. I'd like to find information about this branch of Soles and also the last name of his wife Mary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Melissa Hutchinson
    great granddaughter of Marlea Mollie Soles

Hi

I can't be of help as my Thomas Sole definitely stayed in the UK after marrying Mary Irons and the family continued here in the UK thereafter.

Regards
    john

Okay, I figured it was worth a shot. Thank you.