The family of Timothy Sewell (variously spelled Sewel, Sewall, Shewil, Suel etc.) has undergone considerable research by me over the last several year. Timothy is first found in the Lynn, Essex Co., MA marriage intentions in 1716; 5 of his 9 issued children were also born there with birth VR's beginning in 1716. Migration to Mendon, Worcester Co., MA before 1729 has been confirmed with proprietor's records, land records, and one VR for Katherine Sewell born 1729. Death and burial of first wife Elizabeth Jeffrey has been confirmed via MA Land Records. Marriage to Bridget Lyndsey, intentions Mendon 30June1735 has been confirmed Boston, Suffolk Co., marriage intentions filing, Worcester Co., MA Land Records, and Will and Probate Records Worcester Co., MA for Timothy Sewell. Disposition of his surviving children: John, Elizabeth, Margaret, Katherine, Rebekah, Joseph, and Anna inclusive of spouces --with exception of John & Joseph--through at least 1762 has been confirmed also through the land records. I would be happy to supply information inclusive of sources if anyone is interested.
I am still looking for Timothy's tie in regard to parentage. Thus far, I have found no ties to any other Sewall/Sewell family in the Colonies at the time. There is a tie to the Soule/Sowles family through Anna's marriage to William Soule, the Loyalist, after June 1762. There is a secondary tie to the Soule's with the marriage of Joseph's daughter, Bridget, to William & Anna's son, Timothy in the 1790's. I would accept any and all help, particularly in the UK with that.
Joseph applied for-- as did son's Joseph Jr. & Tabor--and received Loyalist land in Canada; however, I have been unable to locate him among the UEL documents. If anyone has some advice, I would certainly appreciate that.
I do not know the name of wife or place of marriage of Joseph. He resided in Beekman Precinct, Dutchess Co., NY when he sold his inheritance in 1758, and remained there at least until sometime in 1762.
I do not know for certain the name of John's wife or place of marriage. He was residing in Winchester, Frederick Co., Virginia at the time he sold his inheritance in 1759.
Thank You, very much, Susan Hedeen