Thread: Ian Sewell - Cockney northerner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Ian Sewell - Cockney northerner

My dad was a wwII evacuee from Stepney in the the East End. He was sent to Batley in the West Riding where he met my, now late, mum. They married in 1951 and I was born in 1954; my brother, Kevin, was born in 1956. I was born and bred in Batley and moved to Scarborough in 1988.

My dad's name is Thomas William Sewell and so was his dad.

Would love to know if there is anyone out there who might have known him or the family.

I do know snippets of information but would like to delve deeper.

I am now researching my family through Ancestry.co.uk and others and am finding it fascinating!

Ian
    Last edited by ISewell07; 5th August 2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: deleted emote

Smile Ian Sewell - Cockney northerner

From Diana Kennedy in 2004: "did have a look at the GRO Index... Ada (Sewell's) maiden name was Stone... Arial Birth Thomas William Sewell 1906 Sept qtr Hackney vol 1b page 513. Birth Thomas W Sewell [my father] 1928 Stepney Mar qtr vol 1c pg 420 Mother Stone Marriage Thomas W 1925 Dec qtr vol 1 1c pg 765 spouse Stone."

Ian

Default Re: Ian Sewell - Cockney northerner

Hi everyone

Just recently I have added lots of Sewell cousins, some of whom are still with us. I have connected through Ancestry and Facebook but got a kick start from purchasing a couple of birth and marriage certificates from the GRO.

The initial message was answered quite a while back :-)

I recently became a paying member of the Society and am really enjoying ALL the articles, whatever the name connection.

All the very best to each of you - and happy searching and connecting!!!

Ian Sewell

Glad you found more of you cousins. Like you, I enjoy the article regardless the name connection as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielK View Post
    Glad you found more of you cousins. Like you, I enjoy the article regardless the name connection as well.
    Hi Gabriel

Thanks for your reply.

Me too, I love reading the articles, whatever the name. I recently joined a few Facebook groups and have found 4th, 6th and 7th couisins, sometimes by just chatting. So I use this alongside my Ancestry tree and fill in the gaps from the info people give me. I recently found some cousins in the East End of London, where my dad's side are from, as well as the West Riding, my mum's side.

All the best

Ian