Thread: New to Sollys and Solleys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New to Sollys and Solleys

Hello
    I am relatively new to family research. I would like to know of any members connection to Sarah Ann Solley (sometimes Solly)b 1850 d 1928 daughter of George Solley of Ash, Kent. and Harriett Prett. She married John Dillick Bennell, and was mu great grandmother.
    Thanks
    John

Default Re: New to Sollys and Solleys

Hello John

Harriet Prett's ancestors are also my husbands and I am happy to send a copy of our tree if you are able to let me have your E Mail address.

Best Wishes. Sue Solley

Default Re: New to Sollys and Solleys

Thank you very much indeed.
    My e-mail is jblake@blueyonder.co.uk
    I have today received two backdated copies of the Sole Society's journal. Very absorbing.
    Census records seem to show that Sarah Ann was one of 12 children of George and Harriett. I have photos of her shortly after her marriage to John Dillick Bennell and also with her daughters, Clara, Edith and Agnes. Edith was my mother's mother.
    My tree can be found via the ancestry website.
    Thanks so much for your prompt response.
    Best wishes
    John Blake

Default Solley: Boughton Aluph

I have made a mistake. My Sarah Ann Solley was not the daughter of George Solley of Ash (and Harriett Prett). Rather she was the daughter (b.1/2/1855)of George Solley of Boughton Aluph, and Mary Ann Sharp, also of Boughton Aluph.
    So... if anyone has a Boughton Aluph connection with Solleys I should be very pleased to hear from them.
    All the best
    John Blake