Thread: Sawle

Default Sawle

My G G G Grandparents were James Sawle [b.1795] and Mary Dillon who emigrated to South Australia in 1840 from the Gerrans area of the Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall.
    James was the son of James Sawle & Sarah Menear and grandson of William Sawle and Elizabeth Collins. I have details of their ancestors back to the mid 1500’s.
    During my research I found information regarding the Sawle’s of Penrice near St Austell, but have been unable to find a link between the 2 families.
    Does anyone know if this Penrice branch of Sawles are related to the Sawles of the Roseland Peninsula area?

Default Re: Sawle

Hi

I am interested in any information about James Sawle. Daughter Jane Sawle married William Alexander Hughes.

Thanks

Garry Hughes

garry_h_hughes@hotmail.com

Garry

You will find quite a lot of information about James Sawle on our main web site at www.sole.org.uk. Click on the journal tab and then enter James Sawle in the search facility.

James Sawle features on the largest Sawle tree that the Society has. All the information that the Society holds, including the family trees, are made freely available to our members.

Thanks!

It has been fantastic to look back at the Sawle and Hughes family tree and through this website and others I have managed to find out quite a lot.

William Alexander Hughes married Mary Ann Doherty and they had a son Frederick Boulton Hughes. His son was also named FBH and he ended up living in New Zealand. He had three sons Fred, Bert and Harold, my grandfather.

I've just made contact with a descendent of FBH(snr) from Australia who knows quite a bit about the Hughes family in Australia.

Really interesting!

Thanks, John for your help.
    I have given Garry all the information I have about the ancestors of our Sawle and Dillon families, which includes the Hughes branch which we are both descended from.