Thread: Peter Saul - Preston 6/9/1916

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Peter Saul - Preston 6/9/1916

Hi -

I'm trying to find out more about my family, and particularly Peter Saul, my grandfather, who was born on 6/9/1916 and died in May 2001.
    He was a member of the Lancashire Fusiliers and also worked at British Areospace (BAe Systems) He was regular at St. Gregory's Church on Blackpool Road in Preston. He was, for many years, the doorman at the churches social club. He married Mary Welsby in 1945.

I know that his dad, my great grandfather, was Thomas Saul, and had died by the time Peter Saul 1916-2001 got married in 1945.

With not knowing the birth and death dates of Thomas Saul, I'm struggling to research my family tree.

Any ideas? Any help gladly received.

Thanks
    Steve

Thanks, Steve Saul
    Last edited by Stevesaul; 9th March 2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: remove email address

Default Re: Peter Saul - Preston 6/9/1916

Hi Steve

Guess what caught my eye about your posting! (Peter Saul)

I have the CDs of the Lancashire Fusiliers war history for WW1, I will look up Peter Saul for you. My grandfather was John Thomas Saul. It's interesting that the same names crop up in various generations, as they do in most families. The Lancashire Sauls seem to have been migrants from the Westmorland/Lancashire area around Cartmel, although at various times, so they are very distantly related in many cases. I was looking for links to the Preston Sauls some moths ago, and didn't find any convincing ones back to 1660.

Regards

Peter Saul

Steve

Sorry, I have just re-read your post, and realised I took the wrong implication re. the Lancashire Fusiliers. The best way to find out about them is from the Regimental Museum in Bury. It is easily the best regimental museum I have visited, although small. Get there before they transfer into the town centre if you can. My grandmother Beatrice M. Saul used to live across the road.

Peter Saul

hello steve ,
    my husband is in the saul tree the same as peter saul .
    who you have been in touch with .
    it might be a good idea to have a look at the chart or tree of thomas saul born about 1651 NKD001
    cheers kath Saul