Thread: Sauls of Ashleworth

Default Sauls of Ashleworth

I'm looking for the ancestors of Josiah Saul, who married Sarah Alder in Hartpury Gloucestershire in c1805. Josiah and Elizabeth had 7 children, all born in Ashleworth, Gloucestershire:
    Jane Saul b1806
    Martha Saul b1809
    Ann Saul b1811
    Sarah Alder Saul b1813
    Louisa Saul b1816
    Sarah Philips Saul b1823
    Jasper Alder Saul b1824
    I have details of most of their children if anyone is researching the same family.
    According to IGI the only Josiah Saul born in Gloucestershire came from Oddington. Does anyone know of any links? IGI has Josiah's brother as Richard Saul, and there was a Richard Saul living in Hartpury - he married Sarah Brown in Gloucester in 1799.
    If anyone can help me with this one, I would be eternally grateful, as I am completely stumped!
    Angela

Default Re: Sauls of Ashleworth

Josiah Calebs parents are Caleb Saul & Ann Phipps.
    His siblings are: Josiah, Richard,Elizabeth,Hannah Mary, Jane Phipps. If you would like more information contact me off list. Brummiejoy

To send a private email, just click on the forum member's name and select 'Send Email'

Thanks Tim..always willing to learn!

Angela,
    Greetings from a direct descendant of the Sauls of Ashleworth! My line is Caleb > Josiah > Jasper > George > Martha E > James W. I met Martha in my childhood in her latter years in Langley, Oldbury - she is my great grandmother and she married a James Yapp. My parents, Raymond and Lily Yapp still live in West Bromwich, where I was born. We went for a short visit to Ashleworth last summer and walked around the churchyard. Your article gives some extra details that I have not reached yet, so thank you for that!

Graham Yapp