My direct line of Sewell ancestors is as follows:
Lizzie Sewell born Manton 1885 (my grandmother, who moved to Manchester)
Edward William Sewell born Edith Weston 1854
William Sewell born Morcott 1826
Robert Sewell born 1804 North Luffenham
Francis Sewell born 1747 Braunston mar. Bridget Toblin nee Wilson 1799 North Luffenham
Francis Sewell (birthdate not found) who married Mary Riley 1740 at Owston, Leics
----------
There is also a Francis married to Ruth Bull 1772 Lyddington
and Francis born 1711 son of Robert Sewell at Uppingham

I wonder if any contributor to this forum has any information on these latter two Francis Sewells which would prove (or suggest) that they are either connected or not connected to my line. I need a lead now to get me back further or possibly to find whether we might connect to Uppingham or Langham Sewells.
I would love to hear from anyone who shares any of my Sewell ancestors, especially anyone who still lives in Rutland.
Edward William, wife Emma and my grandmother and her siblings moved to Pickwell which is just over the border in Leicestershire and very near Owston.

Other names mentioned by my grandmother which do not appear in my direct line are Reuben Sewell, John Taylor Sewell, John Jackson Sewell and placenames such as Stamford and Tilton on the Hill. Edward William worked as a groom in Stamford before he was married.

Any help would be very much appreciated.