Thread: Albert Sewell son of William Sewell both seamen

Question Albert Sewell

Hi, Has anyone ane info.about an Albert Edward Sewell b.Aug.9th.1897;d.March 22nd.1973. He married Gladys Muriel Pearce(nee Couves) in Nov 1926 in Strood,Kent. THey had two girls Muriel Alberta and Sylvia Evelyn(Gladys had six other children with her first husband. Albert was a sailor and I was told that he was a Chief Rigger and also an orphan from Rye in Sussex but this may be a bit uncertain. So far I have not found any certain data for him and would really love to build thios side of the family tree.Hope someone out there can help.Addendum........my sister thinks he may actually have been born in Saxmundham in Suffolk and possible siblings sent to Canada between the wars.
    Last edited by sarajohn; 30th July 2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: New possible lead

Default Albert Sewell son of William Sewell both seamen

As an extra to my thread on Albert Edward Sewell, I can now add the following from his marriage certificate in 1926. Albert ( no mention of Edward)Sewell. Able Seaman R.N. ( S or 5 ) 21515, aged 29, livng at Skinner st. Gillingham. Father was called William, a shipwright, still I assume alive as not listed as deceased. The witnesses were both assistant registrars.