Thread: Eliza Sewell born in 1843 in Camberwell

Post Eliza Sewell born in 1843 in Camberwell

Hello,
    Although my name is Sewell, this is my ex-husband's name, he was brought up by a step-father, name of Sewell, so no blood ties.

By the greatest coincidence, researching my own family background, I have discovered that my maternal grandmother's mother was named Eliza Sewell!!

Eliza was born in 1843 in Camberwell, married Thomas Nathaniel Embury also born 1843, & they had 10 children between 1864 & 1881. 8 boys (I have names for them) & 2 girls Edith & Charlotte, my Grandmother.

I would love to find out more about Eliza, & whether she had siblings.

This is very exciting as I have 4 children & 7 grandchildren, some in Western Australia, & would love to be able to tell them of their Sewell history.

Diana Kennedy Guest

Default Re: Eliza Sewell born in 1843 in Camberwell

Vivian
    According to our records Eliza was one of nine children of James Robert Sewell and Caroline nee North. She was born 5 Mar 1842 St Georges Camberwell and marr in 1862 in Lambeth. Her grandfather was Robert Sewell, grandmother unknown.

Diana Kennedy

Default Re: Eliza Sewell born in 1843 in Camberwell

Hello Diana,

Many thanks for info. on Eliza. Could you recommend the best sites to visit please, so that I can continue my searches. Fancy being a Sewell for 48 years without realising that in fact my children & I had the Sewell birthright.

Regards
    Vivien