Thread: Joseph and Amelia Saull married 16/06/1839

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Joseph and Amelia Saull married 16/06/1839

It is highly likely that the parents of Joseph are James Saull and his wife Mary who baptised six children at Napton on the Hill, Warwickshire between 1801 and 1813, including a Joseph on 15 July 1810. I suspect that the whole family later moved to the London area, though I have no information as to what became of James and Mary subsequently.

As regards Joseph's wife Amelia, it may well be that her death in that recorded in the September 1854 quarter, West London Registration District, Vol 1c, Page 37. Clearly obtaining the certificate will confirm or otherwise.

Default Re: Joseph and Amelia Saull married 16/06/1839

Hi John - I did quite a bit of research on Amelia's Saull's death and reached the same conclusion as you, she died in 1854. There's a burial record on ancestry.com from Hackney which has a record for Amelia Saull who was listed as 35 at time of death. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here but have anyway!:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...8393125_g32768

That would tie in with the BMD ref you have above (Jul-Aug-Sep).

Very interesting about Joseph's birth details - how did you find that ? Certainly sounds possible - right period, correct father's name etc.

Cat