Thread: Joseph and Amelia Saull married 16/06/1839

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Joseph and Amelia Saull married 16/06/1839

Ruth

Thanks for the information from the marriage certificate, this is interesting.

From my research I have found that a lot of the Saulls, of the double LL variety, can be traced back to Byfield in Northamptonshire. These Saulls were mostly coopers by trade so there is a strong possibility of some connection with Joseph's father. However I can offer no obvious candidate. As far as I know on the census returns Joseph only ever stated that his place of birth was Warwickshire, and did not specify a place name.

The James at Priors Marston is probably not Joseph's father as there is no evidence that he had a son Joseph. Interestingly James's father William was born in Byfield but went to Priors Marston in the 1740's, probably before the extra "L" was added so he remained a Saul.

I would be interested hearing of your descent from Joseph and Amelia. It would probably be better to send me the information by private e-mail rather than post it here, particularly for the more recent generations. You will find my e-mail address in the Contacts section at our main website at www.sole.org.uk or click on my name above
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 17th September 2008 at 05:38 PM.