Thread: Sauls up north

Question Sauls up north

Following my reseach on two of my family lines, from my two great uncles Albert Edward Saul and Ernest Henry Saul
    i have have now found some new infomation on them

ERNEST married Helena Dark at the Wirral Register office 20th April 1916 i have also manage to find their children's births 1917 ERNEST H 1920 DOROTHY E 1921 WILFRED J 1924 DORIS 1930 GEORGE A

ALBERT married May Kershaw at ST Pauls Church Tranmere 2nd November 1914
    i have also found their children's births 1915 ROBERT H 1916 ALBERT E 1921 WALLACE F

If you know of any more details of the the above i would be greatfull to hear from you.
    If you are going to the Cheshire records office, I have been told that the records for The Wirral and Tranmere are held there now. I have a few dates of possible weddings for some of their children I would very greatfull If you could check for me, as im in Warwick. and cant get up there for a while. I held a family reunion party last May and Im planning to have another next May so it would be nice to to fill in the missing families
    thank you for taking the time to read this Martin Saul.
    Last edited by martin saul; 11th October 2008 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Sauls up north

These could be some of the marriages you are looking for.
    Robert H Saul = ? Hall Dec Qtr 1939 Ashton 8d 2122
    Albert E Saul = ? Vero Mar Qtr 1942 Wirral 8a 1427
    Wallace F Saul = ? Jones Mar Qtr 1941 Birkenhead 8a 1435
    Ernest H Saul = ? Taylor Sep Qtr 1938 Wirral 8a 1545
    Wilfred J Saul = ? Spencer Jun Qtr 1946 Burton 6b 884

First names can be found by looking them up on Ancestors web site.

I must admit the above is speculation but I am pretty confident it is what you are looking for.

Norman Saul

Thank you Norman I had got most of them apart from the Ernest H Saul to Taylor
    I need to get up to Chester asap, but not sure how soon it will be,I need to try and look at the census for 1911 and 1921 to comfirm a link to Leamington I had hoped that somone may be going to the records office,or that their family may be on here, theres a good chance that most of them are still alive, and hope that they will have had some children.
    regards
    martin
    Last edited by martin saul; 19th October 2008 at 04:13 PM.

Martin. I have just sent you an e-mail, then looked at your postings here. There appear to have been several Saul migrations to Liverpool and district, including branches of my own family tree. If you look up Sauls in the area, there is a doctor Peter Saul, who practices in North Wales, but I believe lives in Liverpool, and qualified there. For no particular reason, I think he has the car registration P5AUL; I would have liked that one! I have a portrait of John Harold Saul, b. 1898 in Liverpool. His father was Daniel Saul, born 1867 in Witherslack. John Harold was my grandfather's cousin; to look at, he is very close to my father. I don't know the full history of the Liverpool link, but I can just recall visiting Jane Elizabeth Saul in a nursing home in Southport, in the very early 1950s. She was Daniel's sister. John Harold above could well have had other brothers born after the 1901 census; it's not easy to find them. Regards

Peter Saul