Thread: Hi Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Hi Australia

do you know where i can search the census for a place in australia call yarraman in queensland date 1900/1920 ?

Default Re: hi australia

Hi Martin

Did you find out about Yarraman? It is about 200 kilometres north-west of Brisbane and is at the junction of the New England and D’Aguilar highways. For more information do a search on this website http://www.nrw.qld.gov.au/property/placenames/ - it gives you lots of Yarraman choices in Queensland!

Regards
    Lorraine Saul Stacker

Default Re: hi australia

Hi Lorraine
    thanks for web link, looks interesting, i found a Mount Saul on there, would be interesting to find why it got its name ? still not found any link for an Uncle of my Great Uncle Harry, not sure how or what else i can do.
    regards
    Martin Saul

Smile Re: hi australia AND NOW NEW ZEALAND

Hi,

I've been passed a very good lead on the second of my Saul line in Australia by PETER SAUL.

He found and passed on a link to a family tree on Ancestry.com which contains a Leamington Saul family living at TOOWOOMBA near to where my Great Uncle Harry moved to.

They left Leamington with one son then had 9 more children in Australia before moving to NEW ZEALAND - I'm waitting for a reply from the tree owner.

Regards
    Martin Saul
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 9th November 2008 at 10:08 AM.

Default Re: Hi Australia

Hi Martin
    My name is Mary Lillington and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have an ancestor, Isabella Saul, baptised at Cartmel, Cumbria, on 17th July 1803. Her parents were William and Martha Saul and Isabella was the 2nd child of nine children
    She married a man on, 3rd June 1828 at Kirkby Stephen, called John Whelpdale who is a direct line to my family of Whelpdales.
    That is all I know and I just wondered if it was of any interest to you
    Regards
    Mary

Default Re: Hi Australia

hi mary
    nice to find you on the forum threads
    i am still doing my saul tree
    & the rudds

what a lot of people are relatives of William & Martha Saul
    cheers Kath Saul
    from WA

Default Re: hi australia AND NOW NEW ZEALAND

Quote Originally Posted by martin saul View Post
    Hi,

I've been passed a very good lead on the second of my Saul line in Australia by PETER SAUL.

He found and passed on a link to a family tree on Ancestry.com which contains a Leamington Saul family living at TOOWOOMBA near to where my Great Uncle Harry moved to.

They left Leamington with one son then had 9 more children in Australia before moving to NEW ZEALAND - I'm waitting for a reply from the tree owner.

Regards
    Martin Saul
    Hi Martin
    Would very much like to hear from you
    Mary

Smile Re: Hi Australia

Hi Mary
    sorry for delay in replying to you, been a lot going on,when I first saw your name I thought there was a good chance that there may be a link, Lillington is a village, just out side Leamington, and I know one of the sons in the first of my family line in Austrailia had a son named Alfred Leamington Saul born 1896. families follow names so it wouldnt been to much to think they may have used Lillington.
    But seeing you have your Sauls in Cartmel, Cumbria 1803 I suspect they are part of the Cumbrian line of Sauls, I know there is a large Saul group from that area, as they have cropped up in my research into my line in Liverpool. The best person to ask I think, will be John Slaughter, he is the Saul Co-ordinator for The Sole Society his email address is on the back out side cover of the Sole Society Journal, he sould be able to help point you in the right direction.

(I dont know of another Lillington which makes me wonder if there is still a link some where to my line) if you want any more info on my line in Austrailia or Leamington send me an email my email address is inside the back cover of the April 2009 journal and page 55 in the December 2008 journal.
    Best Wishes
    Martin Saul

PS - You can send an email to Martin, by clicking on his name above - Tim, Administrator
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 21st May 2009 at 09:33 PM.