I have posted before about an Ann Sewell who was living in Lisson Grove London who helped me to determine the location of the birth place of my ggggrandfather Edward Sewell, Ann's uncle.
I have managed to make email contact with a literally, distant relative of Ann Sewell in America
A google search pulled up the following extract of her travel from Norfolk to America

"Ann Sewell was the daughter of Francis Sewell and Hannah Davey. She was born 25 May 1806, in Little Walsingham, Norfolk, England. Ann had seven brothers: John, Edward, William who died as an infant, William, Frances Davey, Elijah Kirby, who also died as a child and Elijah.Ann's father was a carpenter and builder. He had inherited a house and property in Little Walsingham from his father, John Sewell. He sold this property and with his family moved to London about 1830 and worked as a cabinet maker.In London, Ann was employed as a servant for two wealthy old maids. She lived with them for about twelve years and they had persuaded her never to marry, but she left their employ and went to live at 38 Lisson Grove North, Marylebone, Middlesex, where she worked for Edward and Mary Ann Hannell. Here she met James Richard Hawkins who lived at 73 Devon shire Street. Lisson Grove. He needed a housekeeper and some one to care for his boys, so he hired Ann. They were married 1 May 1843.
In 1853 they set off for America, New Orleans taking 61 days to travel by sailing ship. Eventually as they neared the Wyoming-Nebraska line, Ann gave birth to her last son. She did not know she was pregnant when she left England so she was caught on the plains without any baby clothes for her little one. She named him Eli. The children walked a good part of the way across the plains.(She came with the Jacob Gates Company) They arrived in Salt Lake City, 26 September 1853.When Johnston’s Army threatened, the Hawkins family moved south to Lehi. When they were instructed to move north again, the Hawkins family decided to go on to Cache Valley. They settled in Maughan's Fort or what is now known as Wellsville. Here they lived in a little one-room log house with a dirt roof and floors and a canvas for a door. Ann told of the time that the were living there and the time that she was ill. It was raining hard, and to keep her from getting wet from the rain that was dripping into the house, the boys put her up on the wall between some shelves to keep her dry. She would laugh about it as she told the story, but you can imagine it was no laughing matter. To make matters worse, the Indians were very troublesome. After the battle of Bear River in 1863, it was safe for them to move out of the fort and build better homes and live in peace."

I will never watch an old western with American colonists travelling west the same way again