Thread: Robert Saul born 1787 preston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Robert Saul born 1787 preston

Hello everyone.I have just recently started to trace my family tree and now have hit a brick wall! Ive managed to trace it back to my 4th great grandfather Robert Saul born abt 1787 in preston who married Ann Helm born abt 1772 preston.They married 21st july 1812 at st Johns in preston.I'm trying to find out who Roberts parents where so I can see how far back the line goes.Can anyone help?

Default Re: Robert Saul born 1787 preston

Hi Amy, sorry not to have responded earlier. I think I have some records on this Saul, particularly through the Ann Helm link. I will look them up ASAP. I don't think it was on my own immediate tree, but something I was working on for another member.
    Regards

Peter Saul

Hi again Amy. I found the first document I wanted almost immediately, a family tree I did for another member a couple of years ago. First, I have to say that after doing it, I found some faults, so I'm not sure that it is correct. As I recall, it was mainly in the link to the other members line that was wrong, but is should all be checked out. The Preston link is the tricky part, since there were several Sauls who went South from the Lake District group, many apparently called Robert - I have Roberts early on my tree. I have a note of Robert Saul, b. 1774, married to Ann Helm (his second wife) and I think I have a marriage cert somewhere. If that is correct, they had a son Robert b 1815, and possibly other offspring. The 1774 Robert was son of Richard, b. 1739, and Jane Wilson. If this adds up to you, I have the chain back to 1671 and forward to the present, although as I say, some caution needed.

Regards

Peter Saul

and another thing.... Your Robert is probably the builder who built Saul Street in Preston.

Peter

Smile Re: Robert Saul born 1787 preston

Hello Peter,
    Thankyou for yor reply, this is indeeed the Robert Saul im looking for and trying to trace. Ann Helm was his second marriage, i believe he was married 3 times but have not confirmed this yet.I have also been trying to confirm the family story that Saul Street was named after one of our relatives butr with no success. Any information you have on the family would be grately apprieciated.
    Regards
    Amy

Hello Amy, I am off the family link that you are looking for, I would be so glad to hear more from you, yes your Robert is without a doubt my Robert
    my grandfather James, his dad was ROBERT ALSO HIS FATHER BEFORE HIM I look forward to hearing from you my email is babsarmstrong19@gmail.com bye