Thread: Elizabeth Soul/ Soule from Olney

Default Elizabeth Soul/ Soule from Olney

I wonder if anyone has any details about the soul / soule family from Olney as Elizabeth Soul married my great great great grandfather Severin Borland. In the 1841 census Elizabeth was 4 months old and living with her father John who was a baker his wife Hannah and her brother John who was 2. They lived in high St Olney. The family were still there in 1851 and 1861. For some reason Elizabeth came to manchester and was married in Manchester Cathedral in 1862. The connection with my family and Olney is rather puzzling as Severin's father, John yui Borland married Elizabeth West who lived in Dag Lane. They were married in the parish Church in Olney in 1856. I'm sure the connection is lace making as John Yuil borland was an inventor of spinning machinery. I would be grateful for any information about this puzzle! Thanks Anne.

Default Re: Elizabeth Soul/ Soule from Olney

We have a lot of information about the Souls of Olney, too much to detail here. One of our founder members was a descendant of Elizabeth's brother John. If you contact me at the e-mail address given on the Society's website I can tell you more.
    Maureen Storey

Default Re: Elizabeth Soul/ Soule from Olney

Thanks Maureen I have emailed you about Elizabeth . I look forward to hearing from you. Best Wishes Anne