Thread: John Solly - St Laurence, Ramsgate

Default John Solly - St Laurence, Ramsgate

I am trying to look into John Solly (died June 1883) in St Laurence, Ramsgate.

Although not related we own a cottage in Ramsgate, which, according to our deeds, John Solly bought from George Philpott in June 1881.

We have recently been doing some renovations, and discovered an old bread/proofing oven hidden in an alcove with some rolled up newspapers inside dating from 1883.

We think John Solly must have put them in there!

At this stage, apart from his dod, we don't have any more information on him.

Smile Re: John Solly - St Laurence, Ramsgate

I have come across a possible 2 John Solly who were around this area but then so were many other Sollys. mostly based around Ash in Kent. You did not give an address of the property in question which might narrow down the search.
    JOHN SOLLY Born 1811 Ash, spouse Judith lived at No. 142 address unclear, St Laurence, Farmer with 130 acres.
    JOHN SOLLY Born abt 1811 Ash, Kent in the parish of St Laurence, spouse Harriet lived at 103 Manston Green, a farmer with 133 acres.

Default Re: John Solly - St Laurence, Ramsgate

Hi

I am researching the Solly side of my family. I believe my GGGGrandad was a John Solly since his son was Alexander Thomas Solly, and his son was my Grandad Cecil James Solly. Not sure if there is any conncection perhps someone can help?