Thread: George William Sewell 1834 of Rayleigh Essex

Default George William Sewell 1834 of Rayleigh Essex

I have a George William Sewell born 1834 at Rayleigh Essex occupation baker who was married to Sarah Elizabeth Choppen.
    One of their sons a Alfred Thomas Sewell was born in 1876 at Walworth London and was my husbands GGrandfather.
    I am completely going around in circles and wonder if anyone has the same family and has managed more than I have !!
    Id be very pleased to hear from anyone who can help me

Default Re: George William Sewell 1834 of Rayleigh Essex

I think he is part of an interlinked Sole Society tree originating in Essex around the Rayleigh, Ramsden Crays & Billericay area, involving a George Sewell marrying a Mary Sewell who had Mark b.1831 as well as George in 1834.
    Brian

Many thanks Brian for your reply .
    So from that can I take it that you mean this part of the tree is already completed ?
    Im being very dense arent I !!

I think it is too much to say this part of the tree is completed but it does appear to go back one more [complicated] generation. However, the Sole society member who searched the Rayleigh parish records, has just George, no William, baptised in 1834 in Rayleigh but as you say, he was a baker & had a George William who also had 6 siblings. If you wish to let me have your email address I can let you have some more information. Brian

Id be very pleased to hear from you Brian with anything that can point me in the right direction.

Yesterday I joined the society as that will I think be of huge benefit, and wish now Id known about it before instead of chasing myself around in circles !

My grateful thanks Hazel
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 4th March 2010 at 08:39 PM.

Hazel, welcome to the society. We've got visitors at the moment with some busy days ahead but I will get back to you asap. Brian.