Thread: Richard Saul b 1904 Dublin, James Saul b 1862 Co. Wicklow

Default Richard Saul b 1904 Dublin, James Saul b 1862 Co. Wicklow

My husband is Richard Christopher Saul b1939.

His father was Richard b1904 and his grandfather James b circa 1862 and his grandmother Catherine. All were born in Dublin except James who was born in Co Wicklow.

We do not know any more about our Saul's.

Regards

Jopyce
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 14th June 2010 at 07:20 PM.

Default Re: Richard Saul b 1904 Dublin, James Saul b 1862 Co. Wicklow

The following link is a great site for looking for birth, marriage, baptism, census, and griffith records in Ireland. It isn't free though, with a typical record cost of €5.00 each. http://ifhf.brsgenealogy.com/search.php. The nearest James listed is 1857 in Wicklow.
    Brad Saul

Dear joyce sorry i did not reply sooner but i could not get on to the threads.
    where are you living now ?
    try the free website
    the church of jesus christ of latter day saints .
    then type in James born 1862
    you may get other members of the family
    Cheers Kath saul

Hi Kath
    I have tried every where to find James but can only find him on the census. Have you any other ideas? I live in Birmingham England I have relatives in Australia with the name Dalziel. I know it is a huge country I will find out where they live if you are interested.

Regards

Joyce

Joyce,

James Saul married Catherine Delahunt(Delamont) in St Mary Pro Cathedral, Dublin on 14th January 1900. His father was also James Saul and the mother's name is transcribed as Jones? Lambert. Catherine's parents are John Delahunt and Anne Boughlan. Address at time of marriage 20 Marlboro Street. Think this is the right couple. To order the research cert from the GRO in Roscommon you need to know the wedding was in the Dublin North District, registered Jan-Mar 1900, volume 2 page 499. Good luck with the research!

Amy

Hold on.... marriage of James Saul and Jane Lambert 20th December 1865 in St Thomas CoI. James' father listed as James Saul Labourer. No mother's name recorded. Address 12 Marlboro Place.
    Jane's father is George Lambert, no mother recorded. Address 5 Upper Gloucester Place.
    So it looks like your Sauls from Wicklow (possibly Rathdrum) were Church of Ireland with James and Catherine Delahunt marrying in a Roman Catholic church.
    I hope these are the right people and I am not leading you astray.
    Right I need a cuppa after that : )

Amy