Thread: WILLIAM SOLE.c.1783

Default WILLIAM SOLE.c.1783

William was buried in Pulham St.Mary (Virgin) on August 1 1858 aged 75.Does anyone have a record of his baptism ? I have searched all the surrounding villages several times without success.The Sole family tree says he was baptised in Tivetshall St.Mary,the son of William Sole and Hannah Staff,but he is not recorded as being baptised in the parish register,so how can we know his parents?
    Can anyone help with this.
    Richard.

Default Re: WILLIAM SOLE.c.1783

Hi, Richard. This is the first time that I've been on this site, so I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I noted your question about William Sole.
    I have a William Soule in my family with slightly different information, but it's close enough to think that it may be the same guy:
    William Soule (II), b.28 Aug 1692, Dartmouth MA. d.Oct 1734, Tiverton, Newport, RI. He is the son of William Soule (I) (I call him that because there are so many Williams that I had to have a way to keep them all separted) (1671-1723) and Hannah Brewster (1670-1729). FYI, W'm I is the Grandson of George Soules who came to America in 1620 on the Mayflower.
    ( Google: Mayflower Passenger List). W'm II married Rachel Allen, b. 8 Jan 1692 in Dartmouth MA, d. 1734, in Tiverton, Newport, RI, on 19 Mar, 1717 in Dartmouth, MA.
    They had eight children including Thankful; Joseph; Hannah; Lydia; Mary; Abigail; Gideon; and with a question mark about John. Sometimes things just don't add up.

I don't know if there is any tie here, but it's something to look into. Good Luck,

Clay Soules