Hi, again, Maureen.
I got to looking through some of the documentation that chronicles the families of the American Settlers. It is quite evident that the chroniclers tended to grope at straws and to assume possible untruths, but one item brings me back to Robert Soule. It seems that one chronicler believed that our George was orphand at a young age and was raised by an older brother, Robert. This Robert, more than likely the one from Eckington who had a son named Geoge, was supposed to be the brother. Is there any way that George and Robert's parents are the same? This could explain why Robert's George was still in Eckington some 16 years after Mayflower George landed in America. If this is a possibility, then what was this Robert's wife's maiden name?
I know that this is a stretch, and perhaps a stupid question, but still, in my mind, a question that may put a nail in the coffin of George's English ties.

One thing that you said in your original answer to my post raised still another possiibility. You noted that some "Kindered Souls" suggested that George was Dutch. This could have been part of the deception that he pulled in order to get into England after his escape from France and the Gendarmire. It is a distinct possibility that he had to assimilate into another social structure in order to hide his identity sufficiently to be accepted into England. I don't know how difficult it was to get into England in those days, but I can imagine that it wasn't a cake-walk.

Thankyou for your insights...I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Clay Soules