Thread: My English Roots - Who are George Soule's Parents?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy My English Roots - Who are George Soule's Parents?

I have been fairly successful in my investigation of my: American family tree. It seems, however that there is some disagreement over on tiny detail:
    George Soule, b.9 Feb 1593 in Eckington, England, d.22 Jan 1679, and is buried in Duxbury, MA, came to America in 1620 on the Mayflower. (Google: Mayflower Passenger List). He married Mary Becket (Bucket) , b.17 Jan 1679 in Eckington, d. 16 Dec 1679, in 1635 in Duxbury, MA. She came to America on the sailing vessel "Ann" in 1621 and they married 14 years later.

The question is, who are George Soule's Parents? I have two conflicting possibilities:
    1) Thomas Soule (Soole), b.1567 in Hawkhurst, England, d. 1614 in the same location. Mary Iddenden, b. 1573,in Cranbroooke, England, d. 18 Aug 1656 in Barnstable, England.
    2) Robert Soule, b. 1517 in Eckington, England, d.18 Jun 1593 also in Eckington. Robert married Elizabeth Tylson, b. 1521, Eckington, d. 1566, Eckington.
    Robert is my most probable suspect, if for no other reason, the Eckington tie to Robert/Elizabeth and George. Robert moved to London as a young lad and at an appropriate age took an apprenticeship as a "salter" with the Salter Company of London. In later years he ran the company, or perhaps may have even owned it.
    Last edited by Clay Soules; 28th July 2011 at 01:13 PM.