Thread: Stephen SOLE & Louisa Jane ? marriage 29 Dec 1819. What citation?

Smile Stephen SOLE & Louisa Jane ? marriage 29 Dec 1819. What citation?

Ancestry member...number of SOLE trees list above marriage...noticed it is listed in this site...It's an exact date... where can the orginal source be found??

Looking forward to any help ShirleyAnn Harrogate

Default Re: Can anyone shed lighStephen SOLE & Louisa Jane ? marriage 29 Dec 1819. What citat

Our records indicate the marriage took place in Kelshall, Hertfordshire. The parish rgisters are held at the record office for Hertfordshire.
    What is your interest in this couple?

Default Re: Can anyone shed lighStephen SOLE & Louisa Jane ? marriage 29 Dec 1819. What citat

Thanks Maureen...
    Stephen & Louisa SOLE are my great-grandmother Mary Ann Sole's, grandparents...Their eldest son George was Mary's dad...Mary Ann brought my dad up during WWII while his father Stanley Louis NELSON was at war...Stanley's father was Henry Arthur NELSON both were in the Royal Engineers during WWII & WWI respectively...

Mary Ann was married to Edward Tillyer 1896, had Edith & George Tillyer...never found proof of their marriage...though on Stanley's birth (1912), Tillyer was listed as dead...interesting point was in 1918, when Edith Tillyer married, her father was listed as alive???

Maureen, how are we related???

ShirleyAnn Nelson

If there is a connection between my family and yours it's a long way back (the first mutual ancestors would be a couple who married in 1690) but we've never managed to prove the connection and there are a couple of ify links - one on my line and two on yours. As the Sole Society's Sole Surname coordinator I keep the Society's records for your family, hence I could give you the marriage details. Your family is the largest Sole family in the Society's database, so I know a lot about its various branches.

G'Day Maureen,
    What wonderful news!...Are you ready to have your brain picked? Do you subscribe to any ancestry engines...Genes reunited & ancestry.co.uk are my engines, can you download this tree info???

Looking forward to hearing from you...

ShirleyAnn

Default Re: Stephen SOLE & Louisa Jane ? marriage 29 Dec 1819. What citation?

I'm afraid, it's not quite as easy as that. I'm happy to help you take your direct line back but the information I have on the wider family belongs to the Sole Society and is only available to its members. You're welcome to join but unless you do we're bound by our confidentiality rules to restrict the information we give.

G'Day Maureen
    Would be interested in joining...what is your fee structure? And how does your membership work?

Thank you ShirleyAnn

ShirleyAnn
    Look at our website www.sole.org.uk where you'll find all the information you want about membership fees and how the Society works.