Thread: Rebecca Sewell of Rutlanshire/Leicestershire

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Default Rebecca Sewell of Rutlanshire/Leicestershire

Hi Sole-seekers! I am researching the Sewell family possibly from Rutlandshire and Leicestershire. In particular, Rebecca Sewell who lived in Holkham Rutlandshire in 1840, wife of Robert Rayworth, a draper. They were the parents of John Charles Raworth my 3X grt grandfather.

I have been unable to locate any birth, marriage or death records for Rebecca Sewell, or any birth records for her children (whom I have
    have patched together using census records and probate notices) or parents and am unsure where to start as I am unfamiliar with this part of England. I have
    found a birth record for a Rebecca Sewell on IGI showing her born in 1794 (which fits) to parents Thomas and Elizabeth Sewell at Oakham in Rutlandshire but I am not sure if this is my Rebecca just yet.

If anyone out there is related I am happy to share pics, letters and details of the Aussie side of this family.

regards

Lesley Maloney in Canberra

Default Re: Rebecca Sewell of Rutlanshire/Leicestershire

hi Lesley

do you have cathern sewell and seth ellingworth in your tree please from oakham rutland born abt 1705 1706

thanks angie