Thread: Mary and Maggie, the Sole Sisters, Australian Circus family

Smile Mary and Maggie, the Sole Sisters, Australian Circus family

Hi all, I have entered this forum to try to contact any descendants or family of Mary Ann Sole, who founded the Sole Bros Circus in Australia. I have a photo of Mary and Maggie as children in performance costume, with "The Sole Sisters", Eroni Bros Circus - Pusterla Bros Photo Albury. Very similar to the photo of Mary at about 4 posted in the gallery on this site, but a few years later. I thought it likely that family might like to have this pic, or that it might be of some historical interest to somebody, and this seemed like a good place to start! cheers, Scarlett (in Victoria) :)

Default Re: Mary and Maggie, the Sole Sisters, Australian Circus family

Hello Scarlett. I didn't respond to your posting immediately as I thought that maybe a family member would like the photo but failing that the Sole Society would be interested in having it for their records. Regards Maureen Storey

Hi Scarlett

I too held off replying because I'm descended from the Sole brother who did NOT join the circus. I don't have any contact details for any of Mary or Maggie's descendants, so I'm quite happy for the Sole Society to have it.

Cheers, Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen Storey View Post
    Hello Scarlett. I didn't respond to your posting immediately as I thought that maybe a family member would like the photo but failing that the Sole Society would be interested in having it for their records. Regards Maureen Storey
    hi maureen, my research indicated that mary had a female descendant who was a contemporary acrobatic performer, but not of the name of sole. perhaps down the track that branch may come to see the photo if it is in your keeping, and displayed on your website - and it is a fascinating snippet of social history as well! do you have a postal address i could send it to? cheers, scarlett

thanks for your response, linda, i guess if it is displayed on this website everyone who is interested can view it, including cousins! cheers, scarlett

Hello Scarlett
    If you can scan the picture you could send it as a jpeg to my e-mail address: maureenstorey@ntlworld.com but if you want to send the photo itself then you can send it to The Sole Society, 20 Rowan Ave, Sawston, Cambridge CB22 3TD, UK.
    Regards
    Maureen