Thread: joseph saul emigrated to canada 1923 from lancashire

Smile joseph saul emigrated to canada 1923 from lancashire

I am searching for any information on Joseph Saul who left Lancashire in 1923 for Canada . I believe that he is my grandfather. The only information that I have is that my grandmother Elizabeth Alice Whalley had my dad when she was 16 and was not married. My mother vaguely remembers it being talked about, and my "grandfathers" family sent him to Canada as they did not approve. My mother seems to think his surname was Saul . I have found records of a Joseph Saul born 1903 leaving Liverpool on 23 July 1923 for Quebec on the ship Montcalm. Bound for Montreal Canada. It shows his address as 301 station road , bamber bridge . Which all ties in with the little information I have. My grandmother never told my father anything about his dad. So I have very little to go on . Any help or information would be appreciated.

Default Re: joseph saul emigrated to canada 1923 from lancashire

I do indeed have Saul links with Bamber Bridge , the one in my family did a lot of Joinery and made several items for home, plant stand etc, which unfortunately don't have any more. My own grandfather Jammes Saul made a grandfather clock , a small table for the front room and a bookcase. but there are many links to cobblers and Ropemakers too?