Thread: BBC One Series 'The Gift'

Default BBC One Series 'The Gift'

My name is Selina and I work for a television company called Wall to Wall - we’ve made programmes like ‘Who Do you Think you Are? and ‘Long Lost Family’ but we’re now working on a new series for BBC One provisionally called ‘The Gift’. I was hoping to see if it might be possible to pass on some information about the programme to members of Sole Society. I’ve included some more information in this email and included a poster below.

The programme will help people who would like to locate an important person from their past to finally say ‘thank you’ or ‘sorry’ where they’ve not had the opportunity before. It will help people try and make amends for something that they have done or express their gratitude to someone that has changed their life. For many people it is often not possible to do this themselves –the person they want to thank may be a stranger and they don’t know how to find them – or perhaps they can’t find the courage to make an approach alone. With a team of professional mediators, psychologists and experts in tracing people, we aim to put these people in touch, help them find a gesture or gift that represents their feelings, and support them through a meeting.

We are currently looking for people who might need our help to say sorry or thank you. I wondered if this may appeal to members of your family history society who might like the opportunity to be reconnected with someone from their past. If it is possible to put something up on your notice board, in your next newsletter or email something out, it would be fantastic. I am also happy to post out some flyers and A4 posters if you think this could be useful.

I really appreciate your help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch should you have any thoughts or need any more information.

Manythanks,

Selina
    thegift@walltowall.co.uk

Attachment 55
    Attached Images Attached Images