Thread: John Saul 1675

Default John Saul 1675

Hello I have been trying to find out the father of John Saul born approx 1675. He married Elizabeth Benson. The research I have found has 3 possible fathers Robert Saul(1640) Edward Saul(1640 - who research seems to say he married Elizabeth's sister which would mean John married his Aunt?) or John Saul who married Anne Messenger. All research seems to agree that John's grandfather was a Robert Saul. Again there is a little confusion. Some research says that Robert was born in 1595 but other sources say he was born and christened in 1587.
    I would be grateful for any info. Also very interested to know if any of these people were quakers.
    My great great grandmother was Elizabeth Saul who was the great great great granddaughter of John Saul and Elizabeth Benson(who I believe was a quaker)
    Thanks
    Marianne Blake

Default Re: John Saul 1675

Do you have a locations on birth and marriage?

Default Re: John Saul 1675

Hi
    You will be a cousin of mine!
    I have sent an email if you would like to contact me.
    Johns father was John Saul who married Ann Messenger but she died and he married Alles Chamber in 1671 and John was born 1675.
    John’s grandfather was Robert Saul and Robert’s father was Jefferay Saul whose father was believed to be John!born around 1530.That’s as far as records can rake us.[ Hope to hear from you
    Richard Saul
    QUOTE=Scottishace;1058]Hello I have been trying to find out the father of John Saul born approx 1675. He married Elizabeth Benson. The research I have found has 3 possible fathers Robert Saul(1640) Edward Saul(1640 - who research seems to say he married Elizabeth's sister which would mean John married his Aunt?) or John Saul who married Anne Messenger. All research seems to agree that John's grandfather was a Robert Saul. Again there is a little confusion. Some research says that Robert was born in 1595 but other sources say he was born and christened in 1587.
    I would be grateful for any info. Also very interested to know if any of these people were quakers.
    My great great grandmother was Elizabeth Saul who was the great great great granddaughter of John Saul and Elizabeth Benson(who I believe was a quaker)
    Thanks
    Marianne Blake[/QUOTE]