Thread: Herbert Edward Solly (son of Stephen Solly) b circ 1875 d. 5/1/1950 Adelaide, SA

Default Herbert Edward Solly (son of Stephen Solly) b circ 1875 d. 5/1/1950 Adelaide, SA

Hi

Since posting below I have since discovered this relation has a few different names. He was married twice using the name 'Albert Solly' but died and was buried under the name 'Herbert Edward Solly' on 5/1/1950. Of note the name in the paper announcing his second marriage has him as "Ebert"

I am hitting constant brick walls showing to find out who this man actually was (he was married to my great grandma Emma Jane Cornwall (Stone, Williams). Any help anyone can give me in solving the mystery of what name this man was actually born under would be much appreciated.

thanks and regards
    Anne
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Anne Gorman; 24th November 2018 at 01:12 AM.

Default Re: Herbert Edward Solly (son of Stephen Solly) b circ 1875 d. 5/1/1950 Adelaide, SA

Further to above my 'proof' of who this person is/may be is shown on the attached PDF - not sure if this helps at all Albert Solly alias Herbert Edward Solly.pdf

Default Re: Herbert Edward Solly (son of Stephen Solly) b circ 1875 d. 5/1/1950 Adelaide, SA

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Gorman View Post
    Hi

Since posting below I have since discovered this relation has a few different names. He was married twice using the name 'Albert Solly' but died and was buried under the name 'Herbert Edward Solly' on 5/1/1950. Of note the name in the paper announcing his second marriage has him as "Ebert"

I am hitting constant brick walls showing to find out who this man actually was (he was married to my great grandma Emma Jane Cornwall (Stone, Williams). Any help anyone can give me in solving the mystery of what name this man was actually born under would be much appreciated.

thanks and regards
    Anne
    Hi Anne

I have found a record that may be the right Albert E Solly. I have attached a family history file for you to review. I am a relation being a descendent of his Grandfather Henry Solly.

Regards Bob Solly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Bob
    Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look and replying. It does look like the name and age could fit except for the fact my Albert/Herbert seems adamant that his father's name is Stephen (as per two marriage certs). Since posting above I have another theory. I will put this together later on tonight when I have time. I would be interested to know your thoughts on this.
    Regards
    Anne