Thread: SAUL family from Cawston, Norfolk

Default SAUL family from Cawston, Norfolk

I have traced my SAUL family back to Thomas SALL who married Elizabeth ALEXANDER in 1761 at Itteringham, near Cawston. They moved to Cawston and their first child was baptised there in 1762. I have traced the SALL/SAUL family in CAWSTON to around 1900. My direct line comes down through William and Mary Anne (nee Lowe from Buxton). He was a weaver. Their sons, William and James SAUL emigrated to Kempsey, New South Wales, Australia. A large family are now descended from James and William. Some still live in Kempsey. I posted an article in Sole Search in April 2005.

I am currently tracing each of the lines of this family from Cawston, especially James and William's siblings who lived in Hull, North Seaton, Great Barton, South Stockton, Oulton, and Cawston

Lorraine Stacker

Hi, I am new to this website & I wanted to reply to this post as I think there may be a connection to my family. My Grandmother whom is still living is a Saul.
    And she has spent most of her life in the Kempsey NSW district. This is why I think this may be a connection.

I will put a new thread on the main Saul forum about her line.