Thread: Frederick Solly b. 1819 Canterbury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Frederick Solly b. 1819 Canterbury

I am interested in a Solly family from Canterbury. Frederick Solly was a grocer for many years in Canterbury. His parents were Stephen Solly and Rebecca. Frederick married Frances (surname unknown) ca 1847 and had 7 children, including Frederick William (or Walter) bn. 1850. He was a hotel waiter in Canterbury.

Any help on this family would be gratefully received, particularly earlier generations. It is possible Stephen was bn ca 1773 with parents Stephen and Mary (?Steed).

Tony Peace

Default Frederick Solly b 1819

Hello Tony

I am happy to send you a copy of Frederick's ancestors but it is some 16 pages long (56.0 kb) and exceeds the forum limit of 39.1 kb!

If you are able to let me have your E Mail address I will forward it to you.

Best Wishes
    Sue

Default Re: Frederick Solly b 1819

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Solley View Post
    Hello Tony

I am happy to send you a copy of Frederick's ancestors but it is some 16 pages long (56.0 kb) and exceeds the forum limit of 39.1 kb!

If you are able to let me have your E Mail address I will forward it to you.

Best Wishes
    Sue
    Dear Sue Solley.
    I have recently joined The Sole Society and now am in their Forum group. I came across your email to Tony via an email I got from Tina Machado who is a Canadian and interested in her ancestors in Canterbury.
    Now I am a member of the Solly family my branch of which goes directly back to Frederick --born in 1819; married to Francis Prett in !847 -- both in Canterbury. I also think I have documentation about his parents: Stephen and Rebecca(nee Hobbs) Solly - he born in 1773, she in 1778; married in the village of Denton, Kent( the one near Canterbury) on 04.08.1799. Before that is more difficult !!
    But if I understand your email to Tony you have this info and more besides, ofwhich I would really like to have a copy. Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes David Solly

Default Re: Frederick Solly b. 1819 Canterbury

You may already have this info since your post. My husband (Mark) is connected to these names you've mentioned.

I've also have more info on another thread on this site.

Stephen SOLLY & Rebecca HOBBS
    Children: George m. Rachel ?, Stephen m. Eliza STREDWICK, Henry m. Sarah ?, Maria, Frederick m. Frances PRETT.

Frederick SOLLY & Frances PRETT
    Children: Robert Prett m. Sarah WYVER, Frederick Walter m. Helen Edith TERRY, Frances Ann m. Edward Herbert
    MOFFATT, Sidney, Kate m. Edwin Thomas HUGHES, Herbert, Alfred.

Yes, Stephen is the son of Stephen and Mary.

We would like to receive any information on the Solly's that you may have.

genes, New Zealand