Thread: Solly Family from St Lawrence, Kent

Default Solly Family from St Lawrence, Kent

I Am Researching My Solly Family That came from St, Lawrence, Kent.

My Ggrandfather, George J. Solly Was Born In Acol,kent Oct.3 1847

He Came To The Usa Around 1855 With His Parents John Solly Born 1824 In St, Lawrence,kent And Wife Mary Cate Barwick Born Minster,kent. His Sister Was Jane Ann Solly B.1849 They Lived In Cliffs Inn Area...in The 1851 Census. They Settled In Walworth Ny Around 1860 They Had Worked In The Ag Labs In Kent. Also Brewers In Margate. Mary Cate's Mother And Father Were John And Jane Setterfield, Barwick . Jane Had Been Married To A Johncock Before Marrying John Barwick And Having Mary Cate Hannah, Elizabeth.

John Solly Born 1824 Parents Were John Solly Born 1795 And Ann 1806
    Their Children Were John B. 1824
    Richard B. 1826 Married Sofia B, Minster
    Children Jane And Mary B. St Lawrence
    Jane 1827
    George A B. 1829 Married Anna
    Children Mattie
    Frank W.
    Isabella Came To Usa.

George J. Solly Settled In Defiance , Ohio Married Rachael Frederick
    John Solly Settled In Minn. Became A Physician. Had 6 Wives.

If Any One Has Anything To Add It Would Make My Day. I Have No
    Info Past John And Ann......
    Last edited by Tim Soles; 1st June 2006 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: Solly Family from St Lawrence, Kent

Hi Carolyn

I too am looking at the Sollys from Thanet. Sarah Solly was born in 1770 to John and Jane Russell. I do have a list of her family going back to 1700 so perhaps this is the same family.

Jan

Default Re: Solly Family from St Lawrence, Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sharp View Post
    Hi Carolyn

I too am looking at the Sollys from Thanet. Sarah Solly was born in 1770 to John and Jane Russell. I do have a list of her family going back to 1700 so perhaps this is the same family.

Jan
    Hi there,

So glad I have found this! I think we are distantly related!

My great great great great grandfather was Henry Setterfield all the family orginate from Minster and is very extensive. From your research I can confirm that he had a sister, Jane Setterfield, who married E Johncock. What I did not realise however was that she maried again, J Barwick. Their daughter, Mary Cate married John Solly. My interest in Solly is because my father is Leonard Solly and I am trying to trace back his family tree. So, it seems that 2 sides of my family are actually related through Setterfield/Solly! Amazing coindicence!
    I have lots of info about the Setterfield side of the family. I myself am local to the area and know Minster well and I actually live in the ST Lawrence area very near to the parish church!

Hope to hear from you!