Thread: Saul Rodriguez

Default Saul Rodriguez

I've just discovered this forum and I'm hoping someone here can help me.

My great-grandmother's maiden name was Margaret Saul Rodriguez. She was born in West Ham (London) in 1848. In 1876 she married Henry Kendall in Bristol.

Her father, Charles Saul Rodriguez was a butcher in the 1848 census. In 1842, he was living in Limehouse (East London) and married Margaret Brooks. His father was Jonathon Saul Rodriguez.

I'm trying to find out when and why they came to this country and from where (Spain or Portugal?) as well as any general information about them. I'm also curious to know how a London girl met the son of a West Country bootmaker (Solomon Kendall from Iron Acton, near Bristol).

I've found references to other butchers called Rodriguez or Saul Rodriguez in the area but can't find out if/how they are related. There is one called Isaac Rodriguez who had a butcher's shop at 29 Norton Folgate in the 1841 and 1851 censuses.

Any information or advice would be great. I live in London and have got as far as I can at the Family Records Office without any help.

Default Re: Saul Rodriguez

Just an update.

John Slaughter put me in touch with Maria, who turns out to be my third cousin twice removed (I think). She has done tons of sterling work on the Saul Rodrigues clan (and there are very many of them). We'd still like more information from anyone who thinks they might be related, though.

Default Re: Saul Rodriguez

I've been away from family tree research for some time but I'm still keen to hear from anyone who may be related to me or have any information on the Saul Rodriguez/s family from East London. I went to the Jewish Museum in Camden a while ago to see if they could help but they said they had very little on the Sephardic community, which was disappointing.